Spending time in central Colorado? Looking for an excursion that doesn’t require hiking but delivers big adventure, memories, and opportunities for gorgeous photos? Then a ride on the Royal Gorge Route Railroad may be just what you are looking for.
This post includes affiliate links.
Experiencing the Royal Gorge Route Railroad
Sit under the Vista Domes that offer amazing views of the Royal Gorge and the mighty Arkansas River as you take the relaxing journey through the canyon.
You can also choose to spend time in the open-air cars, for an up-close-and-personal experience of the 1,000-foot deep Royal Gorge.
Relax into comfortably cushioned high-back, passenger-train-style seating with expansive windows that showcase the pristine views throughout Colorado’s grandest canyon. It’s a fun place to hang out and enjoy the scenery with family. If you’re looking for a close-up experience, step outside to the open-air car where you’ll take in Mother Nature’s handiwork featuring our 1,000-foot deep canyon called the Royal Gorge.
Things to know:
- The train rides last approximately 2 hours depending on which tour you book.
- Free parking is available.
- A full menu is available during your train ride. (No outside food or drinks are allowed on the train).
- Portions of the trainride are handicap accessible. If you have special needs, just ask for assistance and accomodations.
- There are multiple options for length of ride, time of departure and special occasions. Visit the website for full details.
- Restrooms are available on the train.
- Rain, snow or clear weather -any day is a great day to ride the Roayl Gorge train. If you need to make other accomodations based on weather, just ask!
Have you ever taken a train ride through the Royal Gorge in Colorado? What is your favorite time of year to explore central Colorado? I’d love to hear!
Connect with Royal Gorge Route Railorad
330 Royal Gorge Blvd. | Canon City, CO | 81212