If you are going to be vacationing near Pensacola, Florida this summer, here’s a place you don’t want to miss! The National Naval Aviation Museum is located on the Naval Base in Pensacola, Fl. You will be asked to show a valid ID to enter the base.
Naval Aviation Museum – Pensacola, Florida
Hours of Operation and Admission
Museum admission is free, but donations are accepted and appreciated. The National Naval Aviation Museum is open daily from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., seven days a week year-round, with the exception of Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year’s days.
Things to know before you go
- This is a huge museum. Make sure you allow yourself several hours to see it all.
- This is a very kid-friendly place. Make sure you stop by the welcome center desk to get the kids ‘their wings’. My kids loved getting the special sticker just for them.
- There are several Motion Machine simulators in addition to an Imax theater experience. These activities are not free. You can buy tickets for these.
- There is a nice kids play area off to the left when you enter the museum. If you have small children, make sure they have time to play on the planes in the Kids Zone.
- There is a full souvenir shop with everything from toy Blue Angel Jets to commemorative coins and magnets.
- There is a cafe area if you decide you need to take a break and get a snack.
Take a virtual tour here.
Have you ever visited this Aviation Museum? What’s your favorite part? I’d love to hear!
The Pensacola Lighthouse is almost directly across the road. It is free to visit but costs a small admission fee if you wish to climb. Read tips for the Pensacola Lighthouse here.