One great way to learn about our US Presidents is to visit the Presidential Libraries. We have had 45 presidents but as of 2018, there are 14 presidential libraries. We have been able to visit 3 of them so far, but of course, we are already planning our next road trip to visit another one of the Presidential libraries. If you love learning about US History and our presidents, this list of Presidential Libraries around the US will help you in your planning!
Presidential Libraries around the US
Our first visit to a presidential library was by accident. We were in Atlanta for a quick day trip and saw a sign for the Jimmy Carter Presidential Library. Of course, we weren’t going to pass up the opportunity to learn about President Carter with the family.
Our second library was on our New England road trip where we visited the JFK Presidential Library and Museum in Boston. This was a great opportunity to learn about the life and career of John F. Kennedy.
On our recent Midwest Road trip we took time to visit the Herbert Hoover Presidential Library & Museum. This stop also gave us the chance to walk through his birthplace home and visit his gravesite. We began our tour knowing very little about this president, but now when the kids hear their teachers talk about President Hoover, they have personal connections to this president.
The Presidential Library system is composed of fourteen Presidential Libraries. These facilities are overseen by the Office of Presidential Libraries, in the National Archives and Records Administration.
Print the Presidential Libraries Checklist
- Herbert Hoover Presidential Library and Museum
210 Parkside Drive, West Branch, IA 52358
- Franklin D. Roosevelt Presidential Library and Museum
4079 Albany Post Road, Hyde Park, NY 12538-1999
- Harry S. Truman Presidential Library and Museum
500 W. U.S. Hwy 24, Independence, MO 64050-1798
- Dwight D. Eisenhower Presidential Library and Museum
200 SE. Fourth Street, Abilene, KS 67410-2900
- John F. Kennedy Presidential Library and Museum
Columbia Point, Boston, MA 02125-3398
- Lyndon Baines Johnson Presidential Library and Museum
2313 Red River Street, Austin, TX 78705-5702
- Richard Nixon Presidential Library and Museum
18001 Yorba Linda Boulevard, Yorba Linda, CA 92886-3903
- Gerald R. Ford Presidential Library
1000 Beal Avenue, Ann Arbor, MI 48109-2114
- Jimmy Carter Presidential Library and Museum
441 Freedom Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30307-1498
- Ronald Reagan Presidential Library and Museum
40 Presidential Drive, Simi Valley, CA 93065-0699
- George Bush Presidential Library and Museum
1000 George Bush Drive West, College Station, TX 77845
- William J. Clinton Presidential Library and Museum
1200 President Clinton Avenue, Little Rock, AR 72201
- George W. Bush Presidential Library and Museum
2943 SMU Blvd., Dallas, TX 75205
- Barack Obama Presidential Library
2500 W. Golf Road, Hoffman Estates, IL 60169 (NOT OPEN TO PUBLIC)
Have you visited any Presidential Libraries? Which one is your favorite? I’d love to hear about your trips to these historic sites!